Family FlexFactor Summer Camp
Ended Jul 23, 2020
Full course description
FOR KIDS OF ALL AGES
Family FlexFactor is a summer spin-off of our current FlexFactor program running in middle schools and high schools across Lorain County and surrounding school districts. In this program, students will be asked to work together with family members to identify a real-world problem, conceptualize a device to help solve that problem, develop a business model, and create a PowerPoint presentation to present virtually to a panel of judges who will provide feedback on their ideas. This program will include teamwork, business development, brainstorming, creativity, and much more. We will also enjoy a virtual pizza party* together as we kick off the event! And don’t worry . . . we will be there to help guide you along as we hold online workshops and check in on your team’s progress throughout the program!
Because this is a virtual event, you will need the following to participate:
- A reliable internet connection and a device that supports virtual meeting tools!
- The ability to create a slide deck using PowerPoint or another presentation tool of your choice.
- Availability during the times listed in the agenda to ensure you can complete your project.
Date & Schedule:
July 19-July 23, 2020
- Sunday, July 19th - Virtual Pizza* Party Kick-off! - 6:00PM-7:30PM
- Monday, July 20th – Business Model Presentation & Workshop - 4:00PM-5:30PM
- Tuesday, July 21st - Check-in: 1 hour (Participants will send their preferred times)
- Wednesday, July 22nd - Workshop & Final Check-in - 4:00PM-5:30PM
- Thursday, July 23rd - Final Pitch – Pizza* will be provided! - 5:00PM-7:30PM
*Limit of one pizza per team on Sunday and Thursday.
Courtney Conrad, Carlos Delgado, David Janik, Matt Poyle, Deanna Strauss
Questions? Contact us:
Deanna Strauss, email@example.com
Photo by Kaboompics .com from Pexels